Monday, March 18, 2013

Meeting Milestones

E will be four months this week! O.M.G. Doesn't even seem real!! I felt this way at his two month mark, too. Time is just whizzing on by and I can't take a breath to catch it.

He's starting to hit milestones like crazy though, and it makes me so proud! So yeah, this is a post to brag about my little dude and how totally awesome he is.

Lately he has really been loving his tummy time. He pushes himself up on his arms and wiggles his legs so fast. He has this smile on his face, until he realizes he can't go anywhere. Then it quickly turns into a sour one as he grunts and strains like letting out the world's biggest poop.

He's also been making more smacking noises and chewing motions with his mouth. Not enough to where I feel comfortable giving him solids like vegetables, but he's starting to show signs of preparing himself. Which is awesome. I totally can't wait until I get to smash some peas while I'm eating and give it to him. (Note to self: I also really want to make my own baby food. So I'm thinking a food processor is a must when we get our tax return!).

Walks! We've been taking walks around the neighborhood some mornings and he soaks it all in! You can tell he's really looking at everything around him.

Sleep. Well... some milestones aren't all that great. And I think we hit the four month sleep regression. He was sleeping all night long, but now he wakes up at 3:30 am almost every single morning. But you know what? I'm kind of happy. I think him sleeping from 9 pm to 7 am is too long for him to go without eating. So I don't mind hearing him on the monitor at night fussing. Note: He's also sleeping in his crib now like a big boy!!! SOOO happy!

He grabs toys like a boss! And he even puts some to his mouth!

This is my favorite milestone so far: Eli actually finds things really funny now and laughs so hard! Before they were just loud sighs as he smiled when he saw our faces. But not now. No way. I was singing Old McDonald to him the other night and got to the pigs. When I made the pig noise, E was ELATED! He started laughing so hard! Then K came in and made the pig noise to him...and E started cracking up!! It was so fantastically funny! Then one day I was grabbing his tummy while making gulping noises, and he was cracking up again! Then yesterday K was playing with him and he started doing it, and while I was feeding him before bed, he started giggling. I couldn't figure out what he was laughing at until I followed his eyes over to a big green stuffed giraffe! So yeah, he's laughing now!! At things he finds actually funny!! This is,by far, the greatest milestone ever.

So there it is in a nutshell.

Oh, and as for my page? I'm still trying to come up with a better blog name. Unplanned Duo just doesn't make sense since there are three of us. I hate that outside sources have forced me to change my original blog name because they cannot handle honesty or cursing. Ha. And yes, I'm also working on a design for it so it won't be so blahhhh anymore.

Okay! I'm off of here. Time to hang out with Jillian Michael's and do the 30 Day Shred! Ouch!


No comments:

Post a Comment