Friday, March 8, 2013

Did I tell you I'm dieting?

So normally I am against the whole dieting thing. Yeah, I know. In the past I've been one of those lucky bitches that can eat whatever I want, work out at home a little and be fine. But now I'm older and my body and I don't get along that well anymore.

Ok side note: I never really ate junk food. I was raised a vegetarian, and when I started eating meat, it was really lean meats like grilled chicken, turkey and fish. I don't eat any pork products, ever. Or seafood like bottom-feeders. I eat a ton of veggies and fruits. But I also put down some serious pastas and breads. So my "eat anything" was pretty much healthy except for all the carbs.

OK! Back to my diet. So yes, I'm having to start a diet. I've actually been on it for 3 days already and I can feel a difference! No joke! I'm not bloated feeling and I have more energy!

I'm doing it my own style though. So many diets are so strict, and I can't deal with that. I like my dairy! I love milk, I love cheese, I love eggs... I can't cut those out!

So in the morning I'm making SURE I eat a high protein breakfast. I usually just have a cup of coffee, but this is way better. And yes, I still have my coffee. Then at lunch I eat something healthy, but kind of light. I have fruit as a snack in the afternoon, and at dinner--well-- I just eat a healthier version of what I would normally cook.

So today I will focus on breakfast. Here's what I have.

I eat a meat, egg and cheese cup.

Take a muffin pan and spray the cups you are going to use with a cooking spray. (Don't forget! I accidentally forgot this step one morning and the egg was a bitch to clean out!)

Next, take some deli meat (I use turkey, it's lean and not fattening like ham) and make a little cup inside the muffin holder in the pan.

I use scrambled eggs to pour inside the meat cup, but you can also just put the egg as a whole inside, or use egg whites for an extra healthy substitute.

For the next step, you can really add whatever you want. I add green onions, cracked sea salt and cracked black pepper. K hates green onions, but loves cheese. So I top both with cheese, except add extra cheese to K's.

Then I pop in a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 20 minutes. Wa-la! Done!

I have yet to figure out how to prevent the edges of the meat from burning... But it's easy to peel off. Sigh. Oh, and then I add a something to the side. For instance, I add half of an avocado. But you could add fruit instead.

So there's my breakfast. It's super easy, super tasty, and super high in protein!

I need to buy a scale when I get to the store.

I weighed 130 (around there... I didn't have a scale, but the last time I had weighed myself I weighed 129) before I got pregnant.

The day I went into labor, I weighed 152.5.

As of last Sunday, I weighed 142. I'm 5'6. My happy goal would be back to 130. My happiest goal would be 125.

I have yet to add a normal workout routine, but I do lunges, squats, weight lifting, sit-ups, reverse sit-ups, burpees-- whenever I find the chance. Soon I plan on adding walking as an everyday routine (with E of course). And once I join a gym, I'll be doing even more.

So that's it! Wish me luck! My sister is moving to Mexico with her husband and I need to be bikini-ready for all of the visits I'm planning!

Adios!





No comments:

Post a Comment