Friday, March 29, 2013

Totally off topic, but who cares

So I swear I won't do political posts on here, but I feel like I need to say this.

As a Christian, I feel like the most Christian thing I can do is to not judge others and their decisions. That's not my place. In a world where we are surrounded by hate, it might be nice for more people to celebrate their love. I am not in another person's shoes, so I can't tell them who to love, or if their love is right or just.

I have gay friends and I don't think of them as gay. They're just my friends. Great friends, even. Who they love does not affect me. I think it's beautiful when another person can be in a mutual loving relationship. We do need more of that in this world. And people who want to judge or criticize should read the 10 commandments and abide by ALL laws of God then, not just pick and choose the Words of God to follow.

As for the political side: let them marry. It's not fair that they can be in a loving relationship and share a life with someone, but not be allowed in the hospital room because they aren't recognized by law to be family. It's not fair that you can have a family with somebody, but not have the tax breaks and other benefits of a straight couple. HOWEVER, I think with allowing marriages between the same sexes, there needs to be a law in contention that states it cannot be imposed on those practicing a religion that disagrees with it. Meaning if a pastor denies marrying a couple or will not allow them to be married in their church, it should be allowed. The ACLU is a shitty group of people who look for any reason to sue somebody because of their difference in opinion. So the ACLU (or anyone) should not be able to sue a church, religious organization, or a priest/pastor/minister/rabbi if they disagree to marry someone. Freedom of religion.

I don't want E growing up to judge or hate someone because they are different. Too much violence and hate already. He should see someone for their heart and kindness. For their courage and personality. Not see someone for the reasons they are different.

Love is love. Love one, love all. Jesus did.

Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment