Thursday, February 21, 2013

3 months and counting

E hit the 3 month mark today. Whoa. Time really does fly by.

Funny though. I feel like I just brought him home, but at the same time I feel like he has always been here. I look at pictures of me pregnant, and that feels like AGES ago. I can't even believe my stomach got that big. It didn't blow up until about 6.5 months, but then it took off! However, I still feel like I should be sitting here thinking "When the hell is my water going to break?" Yet here he is. My little stud muffin lying next to me on the couch. He's the greatest miracle on earth. At first I couldn't wrap my head around a baby in the house; not even just a baby...but MY baby. Now I would be soooooooo bored without him. My life wouldn't mean as much. I would still have all of these goals in every different direction. I would still be hesitant about being completely submerged into a relationship (trust me, I was fighting it!). But little E literally has changed my life for the better. Because of E, his father and I have put complete trust into each other. We are open and honest with each other. We aren't afraid to show each other how much we love and care for one another. We are a little more sensitive. And we aren't afraid of discussing the future. It's no longer "let's go with the flow." We are committed to one another. Marriage isn't on the table right now, but we know we want to be together for each other and for E.

I don't think K and I realized we needed to be saved, but E saved us. If I had to plan for a kid, I probably would have never had one. Same goes for K. Our lives have so much meaning now and we think twice about our decisions. Children are definitely a gift from God. Something you don't think you need or want, and when it arrives, you couldn't imagine life without it. It took me a couple of weeks to realize it, but that moment hits and forever your life is changed.

So thank you E, thank you K, and thank you God for giving me a gift that I didn't even know I needed.

As for the nugget, he's kicking ass and taking names.

Some of his accomplishments:


  • Smiles. Nonstop. All day, all night. If he's not smiling, just wait 30 seconds. And not one of those half smiles either. No, no. This baby is all gums. His eyes beam and his mouth opens up wide. That little tongue starts wiggling and then he squeals... Eeeeeee!!! And it's smile from ear to ear. Gosh, I love him.
  • He holds his head up for really long periods. He holds it up, moves it from side to side as he checks out the scenery. 
  • Loves his daddy. Oh man do I have a daddy's boy on my hands! He hears his dad's voice and immediately starts looking around. When dad comes into view, E jumps into a 5 minute conversation full of laughing, smiles and sticking out his tongue.
  • Loves his hands. Found them about 3 weeks ago and can't get enough of them. They're either in his mouth, holding my fingers, or grasping each other.
  • Traveling guru. Best plane baby EVER. (Tomorrow we have an 8-9 hour drive. We'll talk after that!)
  • Wants to walk, badly. He gripes until I pick him up in his feet, and off he goes. One foot in front of the other until we run out of room on the table (or until my arms get tired.)
  • Best sleeper in the world. Falls asleep anywhere between 10:30 and 11:30 each night, and doesn't wake up until 7:30 like clock work.
  • Talks to me. A lot! That might come from my side of the family. 
  • Looks good in anything he wears. Seriously. I could put a Hitler outfit on him and people would think he's adorable. 
  • He can sit up supported for a long time. 
  • He LOVES Veggie Tales! If you don't know what Veggie Tales is, look it up. 

I could literally go on and on, but I'll stop. 

E, just want you to know, Mom and Dad are very proud of you in everything that you do. Even those little farts you get out right before bedtime so your tummy doesn't hurt. High fives all around!


1 comment:

  1. Totally made me cry!! Children change our lives in such amazing ways!! Your a great momma and he is soooo handsome!

    ReplyDelete