Monday, February 4, 2013

He's definitely our child...

If anybody doesn't believe an infant can have a love for a sport, then I say to you, "whatever."

K and I are both fans of racing. Whether it be NASCAR, Motocross, Supercross, Trophy Truck, Off-road Racing, Desert Racing, Quads, Boats....you get the pic. But it's off-season for that kind of stuff (with motocross just starting a week ago). 

I, however, am a huge football fan as well. And I, like everyone else in America, was stoked about the Super Bowl yesterday. K is really indifferent when it comes to ball sports; racing is definitely his cup of tea. Well yesterday I had the replay of motocross on the SPEED network playing, and E couldn't take his eyes off of the television. Then I would flip to the Super Bowl--nothing. His attention would drift to the ceiling fan or the picture on the wall. I would flip back to motocross...bam! He would just stare at the television. 

This makes me neither happy or sad. Simply, because I love football, but I love racing more. If he wants to race as his hobby, I'll wrap him up in every safety garment and accessory available and send him on his way. If he decides he loves football further on, I'll do the same with that. But as of right now, I can tell he's our baby. He loves racing and I'm not going to stop him. K already has his dirt bike in the garage (training wheels on the way). Any hobby he decides he wants to pursue, I'll be behind him. Unless it's soccer. We're not doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment