Thursday, January 10, 2013

Appointments are for losers

I have no idea where to begin this post.

Seriously.

I could start off with how much I hate my current OB. Ugh, I hate her. She's a total bitch. But then I would have to explain why I had NO CHOICE but to go to her. Which leads me to telling you guys that I am on Medicaid (the whole no insurance thing from no employment thing). But I wasn't always on Medicaid. Believe it or not, I had private insurance. But those assholes told me I hadn't been paying them long enough for them to cover maternity. Oh, and my OB back home? She rocks. She's the one who first discovered my little turkey. I could have used her, except I don't live in Oklahoma right now. I live in shitty Texas (and I only say shitty for the part I live in. I love Dallas, Austin, Houston, College Station, etc.). I live in a part of Texas that locals around here ask me why the heck I moved here when I tell them I'm from Oklahoma. So if I tell you about my OB from Oklahoma, I'd have to explain to you why I moved to this Podunk town. And then I'd have to tell you that I actually moved to Baton Rouge before this move, and had an OB there that was amazing. And that my boyfriend's job moves him to these places along the coast because the refineries are here. And hopefully soon we will be back in Oklahoma.

So if I told you all of that, I'd surely have to explain all of the reasons why I hate the OB that I was forced to go to because Medicaid is horrible and only allows you to choose from four doctors, and you have to pray that one of those four doctors is accepting new patients. And of those that are accepting new patients, you have to choose from the ones with the least amount of horrible reviews. That is how I found mine.

So in a nutshell, this was my experience:

August:  Found out I was moving to Texas. Got on Medicaid. Called to get accepted by doc. They told me to send my medical records over to the office. Did it that very same day. (24 weeks pregnant).

Still August: 27 weeks pregnant. Still hadn't heard from the office. Called them. They said they never received any papers so to fax them again. Which I did...again. And it said sent...again.

September: No call still. I called them. They finally set my appointment to meet the doctor at 30 weeks pregnant. I went in for my appointment (at this point I hadn't been seen since 21 weeks pregnant). Showed up on time. Doctor wasn't there. Had to reschedule for the following week.

Still September: 31 weeks pregnant. Got in. Waited 3 hours before being called out of the waiting room. Nurse didn't know how to spell pertussis or lidocaine and asked me how to spell it. (Okay, seriously?) Finally got to a room, waited another hour. This is 4.5 hours total so far, just so you're aware. Finally the door opens...a white woman walks in. I knew this wasn't my OB because I saw a picture of her and she's black...er...African American? Anyway. Come to find out, it's the midwife. And the doc isn't going to see me today. For real. 31 weeks pregnant and I STILL have not met my OB. That's cool--whatever bitch.

October: 2 weeks later. 33 weeks pregnant. Again...waited 2 hours in the waiting room. 1 hour in the appointment room. FINALLY my actual OB walks in. Looks at her chart. Doesn't introduce herself. Doesn't shake my hand. She says, "I see you want to deliver at ***** hospital?  Why?" I tell her my reasons (They allow room-in with baby. They are rated a top hospital in the state. The labor/delivery/recovery room is the same room. Hospital floor is updated.) She looked at me...scoffed...and replied, "Well whatever. I don't see why you just don't deliver at ***** hospital. It's closer to my office." (OH! both hospitals are just 1 mile apart on the same street, including her office). She then rolled her eyes and laughed at me when she found out I didn't know I was pregnant for 4 months. NOT. MY. FAULT. She never asked me if I had any questions or concerns. She didn't even ask me how my pregnancy was going. Nothing.

Okay, so seriously just typing this stuff is pissing me off again. To sum it up: that was the ONLY appointment I actually saw her, all the way up to my dude's delivery (which she also bitched about when she walked into my room while I was in labor). I had a total of 8 appointments canceled, including the last 2 (weeks 37 & 38). At one point I had to come in at 8:30 a.m. for my glucose test so I couldn't eat after midnight the night before. I also had an appointment at 9:15 that morning. I got there at 8:15-ish. Drank the orange drink, had my blood drawn, sat in the waiting room waiting for my appointment. Waited...waited...waited... at 11 a.m., I asked the front office if she was seeing patients today and they said yes, it would be a minute or two. So I waited...and waited... finally at 12:15, I was called back to the room. Sat there until 1:30 without one person walking in. I was 8 months pregnant and hadn't eaten or drank anything in 13 hours! Just as I was about to walk out, that's when my OB walked in. Also the day I first met her. Which also pissed me off that she didn't walk in and even apologize for the wait!

So today I had my 7 week check-up. Yeah...7 weeks. It's supposed to be 6 weeks, but she apparently hates me just as much. I had 3 stitches. All of which are gone...I checked. I'm already doing the dirty with the boyfriend again. I didn't see a reason to go today. So I just didn't. And I feel good about it.

My OB might be the worst doctor on the face of the planet. I have no clue why she chose that profession. I hope nobody else ever has to go through the same hell when they are pregnant. She's a twat. A bitch twat. That doesn't even make sense, but that's how much I dislike her.

So yeah, appointments are for losers.

No comments:

Post a Comment