Saturday, January 12, 2013

What she said...

This is kind of a cheat entry, but a friend of mine posted this today on Facebook and I couldn't have said it any better myself! So here's a link to a different blog, but it's totally worth the read.

http://www.scarymommy.com/things-you-should-know-about-having-a-baby/

Let me know what you guys think!

I know I felt like I was a horrible person because everyone told me when I first laid eyes on my son, I would fall so in love with him and hear angels singing and all of that other business. But when I first saw him, I was like-- No way. No way this is my son. I am not a mom. This is mine? Forever? What do I do with him? How do I talk to him? I don't know who this little baby is. He's adorable... but I'm almost positive he's not mine!

I think moms should stop telling first-time mothers that it's the greatest moment of their life! I love the little booger, I really do. But it took a couple of weeks before I felt those mom instincts! And because of ALL of the people who told me how amazing that moment was going to be at birth, I thought I was a HORRIBLE person and not cut out to be a mom because those feelings hadn't arrived yet. So shame on all of you women who do this! And come to find out, I'm not alone. A lot of my friends felt this way, but everyone is too ashamed to admit it!!

The next thing I hear is how being a stay-at-home mom is the most rewarding job you can have, but right now it's all changing diapers, washing bottles, getting urinated on, wrists that cramp, hands that are cracked and bleeding, sleep deprivation, no communication with the outside world... and I'm sure it IS rewarding, but so far all I feel is...lonely?  So to all of you women who have told me how lucky I am to stay at home, I hope you're not lying about this too!


No comments:

Post a Comment